Thursday, June 27, 2013

meet Latrodectus variolus

After a long battle I have finally recovered from a tête-à-tête meeting with the itsy bitsy spider. It doesn't happen very often but once in a while these creatures end up coming into the north-east part of north america. 
While it is a very small creature and I am sure David would have fallen in love with that thing, it can really create major problem. 
While I was sleeping, the Spider X has decided to have a taste of me. And now just anywhere but on my ring finger. And couple of hours later I was facing un petit problème. 


Oh, well. My reaction was to ask Uncle Chris if he wanted to have an alternative experience of Quebec (yes, it all happened on the other side of the boarder) and to tag alone with me to the nearest hospital. 
First attempt: St Marys hospital. 
Lovely personal, a long queue, 5 attempts to remove the ring (it was cut into two pieces) and the result...
Yes, they didn't know what to do. The suggestion: "if it gets worse, please, come back". 
Second attempt: l'Hopital Saint-Luc
Even more lovelier personal, half didn't speak English (meaning I brushed up on my French exam topic "at the hospital"), even longer queue, but the result was....
each 8 hours (day or night) an IV-injection of antibiotics for the net 72 hours. 
Thank goodness I was not the only weird person that day. I did open the season but there were two pilgarlics, just like me. 
At the end of the day I am happy I got the treatment (will not suggest to try something like that, at all), and I am grateful that there was so much understanding from my friends, supportive words and prayers, from my work and from Mortens client (a key personal not only they gave Morten a bit of a break but had a serious chat with several Mortens colleagues of not making fun of stuff like that!).  

No comments: