Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Truth v lies

I just love people full of hopes, enthusiastic, thinking that they can change the world. That make me feel so old, so "well-travelled". I battle with myself not to be cynical, negative and ready to give up because that is not me. I wish them all the best, try to support with what they do or willing to do. But then it comes this little devil on my shoulder and asks me, but why? why do you want to help? will it help you in any way? 
Today I was asked about our experience to be sent abroad and the way we were treated by the company. I was asked by someone who is obviously not satisfied with the treatment, expected far more in pay, help, information and understanding. 
But what can I say? Should I say the truth? That the company sucks? That all senior management is only worried about their wallets and how to minimize the cost on the expense of the stuff? Should I say if one isn't on everyday basis at the office but actually there, at the client, making money, then one is out of sight out of mind? Should I say that HR, or should we say human capital, are so incompetent that  they sends employees on tourist visitor records to work? 
But why should I bother? Because at the end of the day, I am afraid the truth doesn't matter or does it? 

No comments: