Saturday, April 6, 2013

Customer service - airlines

The time has been flighting as we constantly fly between two countries and two megapolis. During this past year we have gained a lot of experience on how to deal with the different airlines.
One thing it is fine to fly on short distances with no comfort but when it comes to the long distances then it is a different story. 
Recently I was booking a 15 hour flight and was trying to make our transition to the other side of the world easier. As we booked tickets with United (I know, I know, but thank goodness we will use it only on the shortest leg - 11 hours), I gave them a ring to talk about my booking.  Just to get through a real person is hard, and then the first thing one gets "we can't help you". It turns out to be that as we will be flying with 3 different airlines in the same alliance, so United claimed that I have to call each one of the airlines and speak to each one of them. 
I did so. Funny, how european and asian airlines at least trying to keep the standard of customer services and do what ever then can to make the customer come back to them, while United, just like Bell, thinks that it is a monopoly, behaves like one and doesn't care if you use with them next time or not. 
I managed to book bassinets on all three flight, however for United, I had to swear that Jascha will not be more then 22 pounds by the time of flighting. On my remark then in that case they should weight every passenger before boarding I was accused on not behaving in a proper manner. 



No comments: