Sunday, April 7, 2013

Children and drunken men speak the truth.

We try to teach our kids good value, good manners, and good behaviour. Sometimes we succeed, sometimes not. 
We believe in God and we try to teach our kids the value of faith, forgiveness and honesty. However, how do you deal with the kid, announcing you that he/she doesn't want to go to church anymore? Not because he/she doesn't believe in God but there is something else! And how do you deal with the fact that you actually agrees with their explanation. 
We teach them to treat others the way you want to be treated yourself. But what if it is only one way street? What if it is that you try very much, but at the end of the day, you are the only kid who is left behind? Not once, not twice but all the time. The church is not for social network of friends but a temple of God, but for a kid, it is a place where you want to go, because there are other kids like you, who share your ideas and believes, but also who treat you with respect and accepts you. 
Today I got that: "Mum, we are different". I know that! What can I say? I can swallow the fact that we are not invited, I can say to myself, we are not a part of the group. But how can I explain that to my kids? They are not friends with the other kid? But so is not a 2 year old toddler but their parents are. 
We believe in God and even with the busy schedules we have, we are trying to attend church as often as we can. But how on earth I can look into my kids eyes and say to them, let's do it again. How can I look into my kids eyes and say that it is a good idea to go to a place where they are not welcomed! This is a place of worship, so never mind the other stuff!
I guess, we are such people, that we will never say that to each other. Everyone keeps smiling, asking how you are doing, and continuing with their lives but I never thought that I should teach my kids some wisdom tricks on that early stage of their life. 

No comments: