Friday, May 18, 2012

Camp, junior, apartment

I gets lots and lots of e-mails around the world, asking if we are fine and that people don't hear a lot from us at the moment.
I do appreciate your emails and I am answering them as fast as my time allows me.

So...  a little update on us.

The youngest addition to the family is desperately trying to terminate his lease with me and to get into this world. Even that he has been told that according to Quebec rules, he is not allowed to do so at least until week 38, so that is in a while. The desire to ender this world is so big that I have to keep my walking to the minimum, and knowing me, my lifestyle, that is almost impossible.

Summer is coming. As shocking as it can be, it is coming, even in Canada. And guess, what do you do with the kids during the summer in North America? Well, the day camp. Thanks to Jessica, who told us how things work, and Nathania, who told us all about good places to dump, sorry, place our children. And that is not a cheap thing, 2000$ per kid for 8 weeks. But yes, we made it. Our kids are sign into the Champion camp, and it is all about sports. So, Jewish kids with sport... Hmmmm. All right, I am keeping it positive. US boarder is only 45 minutes by car.

We are slowing but surely starting to pack our stuff. However, we are trying to rent out our apartment, as we have a house already.
I am not sure if I told, how it works in Quebec regarding the rental agreements. If you have signed the lease, it is for a year, and as a renter, you can't get out of your lease, unless:

  • you got a cheaper place, subsidise but the government of Quebec
  • you moved to an elderly home
  • you can't access your apartment (if you end up in a wheelchair and your apartment on the second floor and there is no elevator)
There are the only 3 reasons! Yes, so if you decide to die, do it at the end of the lease, otherwise your relatives will be responsible to pay. And yes, I am not joking. So unless we find someone who would sublet the apartment we would have to pay double rent. We would prefer not to. 

Well, this is all for now. We are about to leave for vacations to explore a new state in America. See you soon.





No comments: