Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Last minutes things

In less then 48 hours we will be in Germany, waiting for the Chicago connection.
There are so many things have to be done. So many, that I am asking myself if I am going to have time to sleep at all?
One of the strange things this year, is that I don't have to take care of visa stuff anymore, meaning I don't need to run around embassies, try to defend myself that I am not a criminal and beg for an entry allowness. This time I just need to fullfil all the neccesary stuff via internet, get the approval and that's it. It is so cool to be a EU citizen in that respect.

Packing is the challenge. We need to make sure that everything fits into the car. 3 suitcases, 1 portable bed, 1 trolley, 1 violin, 2 computers, 4-5 teddybears, books on credit risk, etc., etc., etc. Oh, kids!
I have discovered that Lufthansa doesn't have a baby-child food. Which means Abby is qualified as a baby, and will get a baby food. By baby food I mean a bottle of some kind of baby stuff and a bottle of milk. For a girl of 18 months that is definately not enough for a 8 hour flight. The request of upgrading her foot to a child meal was denided, but he got an offer from Lufthansa, to switch my food for hers. So she can get mine and I can get hers or nothing. Brilliant!
Now I have to sort of the car. I got my international drivers licence but no car yet.

No comments: