Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"We don't want you here"


I didn't want to come back here. I was forced to do so. I was kicked out of the house Monday morning in order to get to the plan. Our good old Aeroflot upgraded me to Business so we flew with style. Stuff, all of them, were so kind and helpful that I have decided that they probably thought I was someone important. That was just awesome.
Moscow met us with +11, and today it ended up to be +2. Going from +20 was tuff, good I happened to take warm clothes with me.
Today I almost got cheated in supermarket. 1,5 rubles! (25 øre). When I discovered taht I decided to get the money back. It was not a question about the money, but a question of princip. it took about 45 minutes of explanations and discussions but the fact is I got the money. I don't want to be cheated here and there and they need to learn that some customes do care what and how much they are paying for.
Yesterday, while registrating Abby I have been told that "We don't want you here". That is so correct, unfortunatelly. Most of my life I have been living abroad and when I come back to Russia I understand it more and more that I dont belong here, what so ever. I don't think like Russians, I don't act like Russian, bottom like I don't consider myself as Russian, and hopefully I will not be so on the passport as well.
All of the people consider me crazy, I guess. Think about it, how often do they hear "Thank you", "Please", "Excuse me" and with the smile (so far). I didn't morally kill anyone yet here. For details one can always ask Morten.
And finally today I have discovered that people do remember me. I was at the tax office today, and told my mum that one of the offices looked familiar. To my surprise he remembered me, and not only my face but my name and what I wanted in there. Weird... (Last time Zhenya was there was 15 months ago! -Morten)

No comments: