Monday, May 12, 2008

Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

Besides being the title of one of my favorite U2 songs, it also nicely sums up my wishes and the situation at the present time. I've had to send my girls to Moscow in order for Zhenya to sort out the things that need sorting out with Russian authorities. Do I like that I had to send them away? No. Do I wish they could stay here? Yes. Was it absolutely necessary they went? Unfortunately yes. However, I keep reminding myself that this is for the greater good of our little math family and that this will be the only time we are apart like this. While they are away I bury myself in work to keep my mind occupied and not to miss them too much - although I do miss them very much.

It is not all misery though as we fortunately live in 2008 and not 1998. This means a wonderful thing like video phone calls over Skype make it possible to follow the adventures of our girls even when they are far, far away. The highlight of my day comes in the evening when I get to see them and talk to them. Yes, Abby is well aware of the face appearing on the computer screen! :-) It feels so good to be able to see them, to see all is well. A heartfelt Thank You to the good people at Skype for making it happen.

Soon my beloved girls will return, one will have grown a lot and one will have turned a perfect number. I am counting the hours...

No comments: