Saturday, February 7, 2009

Christmas is now every Saturday




The fact that many investors of danish fashionable shop were from Island, and that many declared bankruptcy is not a secret for anyone. Today, visiting Illum http://www.illum.eu/, that is the name of the shop, I have seen a very piculiar picture.

Discount of 70% were on all children clothers. That is unusual for my reasons, taht the discount on all the clouthers, that it is 70% and that it is in the middle of February.

Knowing a little bit about financial crisis and those methodes that many shops were forced to inforce in order to beat the crisis, I would say that it is a certain signal of panic attack and bankruptcy.

There were not to many things to choose from, but such brands as Ralph Lauren, Gant and Levi with 70% discount gets us, people living in Denmark, a little bit closer to the level of prices in the states.

Normally for the Ralph Lauren dress (1,5 y.o) you would end up paying 2100 kroner (360$), Levi pants 700 kroner (120$), and Gant blouse 554 kroner (95$). Yes, I am talking about kids clothers. So even with the 70% discount the prices are still way too high.

The worse thing is that for my Birthday I got a gift certificate for 700 kroner for this particular shop. Today I have realised, that all the money should be spent right now and there. Or what? If the bancropcy will be announced I will loose all the money. So I went shopping, blouses, pants and dresses were on my list. So now, my kids would have to wear those clothers day and night for the next 10 years in order for me no the feel so bad about the price I have paid.

No comments: